StrataCore and the Seattle SIM co-hosted an IT executive panel discussion on the topic of where to put your IT infrastructure.
Many companies use some form of cloud services; PaaS, IaaS, SaaS as part of their overall IT strategy. However, as businesses scale, the flexibility and agility of the cloud can come with a potential price. There are companies like Dropbox, that are experiencing “cloud burnout” and pulling their infrastructure out of the cloud.
Whether the driving factor is money, control, performance, security, or reliability – at some point the cost can potentially outweigh any benefits. Watch the recorded panel discussion to get answers to the following questions:
- When looking at TCO, are there cost saving to be realized by utilizing public cloud?
- Is there a breaking point for those savings?
- What are the common pain points around using public cloud?
- What are the common drivers for moving in/out of the cloud?
- What are best practices for a seamless migration to the cloud?
- What does the future of cloud look like? And more…